Terms and Conditions
CODE OF CONDUCT
All students, parents and staff must follow a respective Code of Conduct. Furthermore the aforementioned individuals must also follow the below policies whilst attending Emily Black Dance Schools/ JML Dance Academy. Parents / Guardians must agree to and accept these terms and conditions before enrollment in any of our classes.
1. Fees are payable for a full pay period (monthly) regardless of attendance, unless explicitly arranged by the Principal.
2. A student may take one trial session. If the student decides to join the class parents must then set up a subscription to be taken from their account on the 1st of each month. If your child decides not to continue with Emily black Dance School/JML Dance Academy or you wish to make changes to your existing classes you must give 30 days notice via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. This means for example that cancellations received on the 15th of the month will be cancelled on the 15th of the following month, meaning you would make one subscription payment after the date of cancellation.
3. There are no refunds if a student is absent from class. Students are welcome to make up any missed classes at another venue of their choice.
4. If a pupil has a long term illness or injury, fees may be refunded at the Principal's discretion. This does not include minor illnesses or holidays taken mid-term.
5. On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled, fees will either be refunded for that day or a make up session will be arranged for another suitable date.
6. If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions detailed within this document they will not be refunded.
UNIFORM, CLASS TIMING AND BEHAVIOUR
7. Class uniforms are as described in the 'Uniform' section of our website. Uniform and good grooming is part of the School's discipline and forms an essential part of preparation for class.
8. All female students must wear their hair neatly tied back for class. Students with short hair should wear an 'Alice Band' to keep hair off the face.
9. Students should aim to arrive 5 minutes before their class is due to start. This is to ensure the smooth running of classes.
10. Most classes run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed and ready to start their class on time, and leave promptly at the end.
11. Students and parents / guardians are expected to demonstrate mutually respectful behaviour to the teaching staff, fellow students and the halls. Dancing is fun and is designed to be enjoyed by all so we ask each and every pupil to abide by this simple philosophy at all times. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to leave the school. Bullying is not tolerated and should be brought to the Principal's attention immediately.
12. Students are not permitted to chew gum whilst in class
13. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items to class at their own risk. JML Dance Academy/Emily Black Dance Schools cannot be responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
14. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile brought into the class is at the student's own risk and these must be switched off or on silent. In exceptional circumstances students may be able to use their phone at the teacher's discretion.
15. Students are not permitted to leave the studio without permission from the teacher.
16. Students are not permitted to sit out of a class unless they become unwell or injured during the lesson or consent from the student's parent / guardian has been given in advance.
17. Children of primary school age and under must be collected from class by a parent / carer / responsible adult. The teacher must be informed if collection is undertaken by persons other than the child's parent or legal guardian.
MISCELLANEOUS AND DATA PROTECTION
18. All invoices and other materials will be presented online via email. Parents / Guardians must provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that emails from Emily Black Dance School/ JML Dance Academy are not considered SPAM.
19. When you give us your details we promise to do our best to keep them secure. We may use your data to contact you in relation to;
> news updates about the school
> information relating to lessons / exams / shows
> emergency notifications (such as changes to planned lessons)
> records of invoices paid and outstanding (and any agreed payment terms)
> any other information relevant to the school and your child's lessons and progress
In addition we will use any data relating to medical conditions to ensure we are able to provide a safe environment for you / your child. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to your personal data being used in these ways.
20. The school timetable may be revised at any time but you will be notified of any changes by email or text.
21. A certain amount of risk is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any of our classes or events run by JML Dance Academy/Emily Black Dance School do so at their own risk.
22. Any examination is at the discretion of the class and teacher and Principal. Students who do not adhere to our examination Terms and Conditions risk being withdrawn from the examination without a refund (details given upon invitation to take an exam).
23. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used as promotional material on our website and / or social media. Please let us know, if you prefer your child not to be included.